WHAT IS A UK VIRTUAL OFFICE ADDRESS?
A virtual office address is an address in the UK which you can use to promote your business, to register your business with HMRC and Companies House, and to which all mail can be sent. A virtual address is the ideal solution for businesses looking to promote a prestigious address without the high costs or renting or buying, and is especially popular with international businesses.
All mail sent to your virtual office address will be forward to you by post and by email. You cannot use your virtual office address for meetings or as a physical working space; it exists only to promote and register your business.
Who uses virtual office addresses in the UK & Ireland?
Virtual office addresses are a popular solution for anyone who wants a prestigious address with which to register their business and to promote to their customers.
Your office location says a lot about your business and by aligning yourself with companies which reside in city locations, you can affect the way your business is perceived.
It is also a requirement that all businesses which seek to trade legally in the UK register with Companies House and HMRC using a UK address. Virtual addresses are most commonly used by:
- Home based business owners who don’t want to make their home address public
- Growing businesses seeking a more prestigious business location without high rental or purchase fees
- International businesses moving into the UK market
What’s Included in a UK Virtual Office Address?
Virtual office services are for anyone who wants a full UK registered office address for their business with mail handling services included. By investing in a virtual office address, you will receive:
- A registered office address, which is a requirement for registering a business to trade legally in the UK
- A mail handling service, where your post is opened, scanned and forwarded to you by email, making it ideal for international customers or if this is your preference
- 2 x service addresses (directors’ addresses)
All you need to do is pay a monthly fee, from as little as £35, and you can use the virtual address selected as your own business address. Give your business the gravitas it deserves with a prestigious address in London, Edinburgh or Dublin, or select all locations in one package for a truly national presence.
Can I Use My Virtual Address for Meetings?
To keep the price of our virtual office address cheap, we don’t offer the physical space for your use. This means you can’t hold meetings at your virtual address, nor can you work from it.
Rather, your address is only to be used for registering your business and for the receipt of mail, which will be forwarded to you via Royal Mail post and by email.
How to Get a Virtual Address in the UK
To get your virtual address now is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Select a location from the options above
- Specify the email address to which your mail should be forwarded, and provide a copy of your ID and proof of address (required by UK law)
- Give your clients the new prestigious address
- Receive business mail at the address you specified delivered the very next day
Virtual Office Addresses for International Businesses
International businesses (outside of the UK & Ireland) can benefit from a virtual address in a UK city. Simply select your address from the options above and let us know where your mail should be forwarded to.
International businesses frequently use our services to grow their UK & Ireland customer base. The virtual office address can also be used as your official address with which to register with Companies House to trade legally in the UK.
Choosing a Virtual Address in the UK
We offer four individual virtual addresses, plus a national presence package which gives you access to all of these. You can choose from:
- Virtual office address London
- Virtual office address Edinburgh
- Virtual office address Dublin
- National presence package
Your address says a lot about your business, so your choice of which address to purchase comes down to how you want your business to be presented.
If you’re still trying to choose, take a look at our national presence package, which gives you access to all four addresses, or get in touch if you have any questions and a member of our team will be happy to help.