WHAT IS A REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS?
- Official address for your business
- Can be used to register your business with HMRC and Companies House
- You can only receive official mail from HMRC and Companies House here
You cannot receive general mail here – for this, you need our mail forwarding service.
Having a UK address is an essential part of trading legally in the country, and home addresses cannot be used. This makes registered addresses the ideal option for businesses that operate from home or that want a separate official address in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh.
WHY CHOOSE A REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS IN EDINBURGH?
Scotland’s rich and diverse economy comprises construction business to the value of over £21 billion, tourism worth over £11 billion and manufacturing worth over £12 billion. Their thriving business network has attracted some of the largest companies in the country, making addresses in Edinburgh a sought after commodity.
Your business can boast a registered address in Scotland’s capital Edinburgh for a fraction of the cost of renting or buying in the country.
Registered offices are most commonly used by:
- Businesses which operate from a residential address and need an official address with which to register as a limited company
- Businesses based elsewhere in the UK looking to build a Scottish presence
- International businesses looking to expand into the UK from a Scottish address
MAIL HANDLING SERVICES
The registered address service does not include mail handling. To find out more about mail handling for Edinburgh, take a look at our mail forwarding service page, where we’ll receive your post and forward it to you by Royal Mail First Class Post.
If you’re based overseas, you can have your mail scanned and emailed to you via our virtual office service.
Both of these services also include the registered address.
WHERE IS THE REGISTERED OFFICE IN EDINBURGH?
The Edinburgh registered address is located at:
PROOF OF ID AND ADDRESS
Please note: In order to successfully activate your subscription, we first need to receive proof of identity (ID) and proof of address from you. View a full list of accepted documentation here.